Based on current pandemic conditions and guidance from public health authorities, please find the following elements of Ridgeland School District 122’s 2021-2022 Pandemic Health and Safety Plan.
- All students return to in-person learning, including regularly scheduled extracurricular programs, such as band, music, sports, clubs and activities.
- We join health experts in strongly encouraging those eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Per the CDC and IDPH/ISBE guidance that individuals should wear masks indoors; all staff and students will be required to wear masks at this time.
- Face coverings are required on all public transportation including school buses as per the CDC Order, adopted by ISBE and IDPH. All passengers and drivers must wear a mask on school buses.
- Students, teachers, and staff should stay home when they have signs of any infectious illness and see their doctor as soon as possible.
- The CDC recommends schools attempt to maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance as much as possible between students within classrooms. If not possible, it is especially important to layer other preventative strategies.
- Other important layers of prevention include: COVID-19 screening, handwashing and respiratory etiquette, contact tracing, quarantine and isolation protocols, and enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures.