On Thursday, August 19th, Ridgeland School District 122 welcomed back students and staff. We are excited that students will be attending full in-person instruction five days a week. The staff looks forward to providing a year filled with fun and engaging learning experiences for our students.
Ridgeland School District is taking all reasonable measures to keep our students and staff safe while at school. Based on current pandemic conditions and guidance from public health authorities, please find the following elements of Ridgeland School District 122’s 2021-2022 Pandemic Health and Safety Plan.
• All students return to in-person learning, including regularly scheduled extracurricular programs, such as band, music, sports, clubs and activities.
• We join health experts in strongly encouraging those eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
• Per the CDC and IDPH/ISBE guidance that individuals should wear masks indoors; all staff and students will be required to wear masks at this time.
• Face coverings are required on all public transportation including school buses as per the CDC Order, adopted by ISBE and IDPH. All passengers and drivers must wear a mask on school buses.
• Students, teachers, and staff should stay home when they have signs of any infectious illness and see their doctor as soon as possible.
• The CDC recommends schools attempt to maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance as much as possible between students within classrooms. If not possible, it is especially important to layer other preventative strategies.
• Other important layers of prevention include: COVID-19 screening, handwashing and respiratory etiquette, contact tracing, quarantine and isolation protocols, and enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures.